Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Must


Couple of things to do in LA this week, as filtered through my curious brain:

“Unleash your inner fair!!!” is the theme of this year’s LA County Fair, opening Friday in Pomona. Not sure about y’all but I’m unleashing my inner fair, at the concierge desk, as we speak. Hope our guests can tell! Get up close to marine animals including sea lions, sharks, and mermaids. Yes. Mermaids. Indulge in such culinary delights as Krispy Kreme Sloppy Joes and, well, I’ll just stop there. Catch the End of Summer Concert Series featuring artists including Demi Lovato and The Bangles. I like to sing “Manic Monday” around my non-hospitality friends, especially when my work week begins during their Sunday brunch. Try it, so fun and confusing for them!

Labor Day Weekend: As a wee one, I thought this holiday was in honor of birthin’ babies. Boy, was I wrong. It’s to celebrate workin’ hard, of course! Or, get real crazy and celebrate my favorite bundle of joy: The Food Baby. The LA Times is hosting The Taste food and wine festival at Paramount Studios Friday through Sunday. On Saturday, join Michael Cimarusti of Providence and Connie and Ted’s (Responsible for my most recent F.B....I’m sorry, but you offer a hot and a cold lobster roll on your menu? Concierge-ing dictates I order both). Sunday, join critic Jonathan Gold and Sang Yoon of Father’s Office (B.F.B. anyone?) as you enjoy a day of authentic dishes from around the world, courtesy of LA’s best restaurants. Wrap this delectable weekend up with a Labor Day Block Party hosted by Nancy Silverton and lastly, partake in the Cocktail Confidential, hosted by some of LA’s finest mixologists. Labor Day barbeque, smarbeque, I’ll see y’all at Paramount!

No comments:

Post a Comment