Thursday, November 8, 2012

Ayurveda

I've recently embarked on a veggie/pescetarian (pescatarian?) diet. Which is magical, except for the headache I've had for a week now.

This morning, head still pounding, I reached for my iPhone to get to the bottom of it.

Well, first I googled "conor oberst girlfriend". Twenty minutes later, still no definitive answer to that one.

On to googling "becoming vegetarian headaches why".

I stumbled upon the Ayurvedic Diet.

From what I understand, Ayurveda is ancient, deals with different energies (water, fire, air, earth, ether), maybe has something to do with Buddhism, and definitely has something to do with Indian medicine. There are three doshas. These little nuggets rule your general constitution, and there are certain things you can eat and do for yourself to keep your dosha happy.

My dosha is Vata. This means I have a small frame, am usually cold, and am often anxious.

Vata is basically the chihuahua of doshas.

Other doshas include Pitta and Kapha. You can find your ruling dosha here at Deepak Chopra's website.

I have enough whoo-whoo sparkle energy crystal magic in my life as it is, but I can get down with something that encourages me to stay warm, eat a bunch of avocado, enjoy my favorite colors and scents (sweet, heavy, and warm, such as vanilla), and be touched often. Boom, done!

And that, my friends, is Ayurveda. Kinda sorta.

No comments:

Post a Comment