Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Couple

"Do you ever, like, put off going to bed?  Like not because the day was so awesome or anything but because you can't deal with all the things waiting for you tomorrow?"

"Hmm.  No, I can't say that I have."

"Oh.  What's wrong with me then?"

Nothing.  It's not all about you.  I promise.
  
"Well, anyways, tonight was totally like that 'Romeo and Juliet' movie, like at that party when they're in that bathroom all wanting to do it because they see each other through the fish tank and then he grabs her arm and they're running running running?  I saw this guy tonight and he totally looked like someone I know, but, like, less broken?  Like younger and handsome.  And I kept staring at him and he kept pursing his lips, watching the party.  Then I kept staring at his mouth.  He didn't grab my arm though.  He didn't really pay me any mind.  Now that I think about it, it wasn't like 'Romeo and Juliet' at all." 

"Did you ever see the Zeffirelli film?"

"Um, no."

Can't say that that surprises me. 

"Alrighty,  I love you.  Going to sleep.  Turn out the lights before you come to bed, will you?"

"Will do."

No comments:

Post a Comment