Sunday, November 18, 2012

Happy

I think the universe is trying to test me today.

It's nine o'clock on a Sunday night, and I received an outside phone call (a.k.a. from a non-guest, not even staying in the hotel) asking for a barber, right now, for his boss.  Ten minutes later, another gentleman called asking what I had to do to get an acoustic guitar in his room by tonight.

Le Sigh.

Earlier this afternoon, I was snapped at for something I had done according to standard procedure.  This was immediately followed by me sobbing alone in the bell closet.

Rough day.

These are the times that lead me to daydreaming about working with small animals or children.

Or running away to Italy.

It can get overwhelming sometimes.  And perhaps other people deal with these things differently...better...than I do.  They can keep a positive outlook, and never struggle with the Chicken Little mentality.  And I try to be cognizant, I really do.  Just a slight tweak, a shift in thinking that reminds me of all I have to be grateful for.  Most of the time it works, and I come out on the other side, still a touch sad, but ready to keep on keepin' on.

I was ready to count this day as one of those unsalvageable, just no good, roll up like a burrito in my comforter when I get home days.

And then my sweet friend brought me a bottle of wine and a chocolate bar.  I'm tempted to crack it open right now at the desk but that is so not standard procedure.

Moving onward, here's to dancing and practicing that ukulele and being kind to others and being kind to myself and listening to music and maybe making some music and falling back in love with acting and traveling and exploring the possibility of teaching or dogwalking or anything else that might bring more happy days than not.

No comments:

Post a Comment